Saturday, May 12, 2012

Exploring Roles in the ECE Community: Local and State Levels

The first local organization I chose was The Committee for Missing Children. This organization first and foremost identifies themselves as a parent advocacy group; assisting the parents whose children have gone missing in any way they can. This Committee has partnered with countles other groups and organizations that help get pictures of missing children circulating. There are an abundance of success stories on their website and have been very effective in fidning missing children in my community.


The second local organization I chose is a sub-group of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta; a powerhouse in all things early childhood. This organization is called Keeping Chidren Safe: Preventing Abuse and Neglect. This organizatin serves as a middle-man for connecting needs with solutions. They refer families to different resources and programs that can help them stay safe and prevent neglect and abuse. And while their main goal is prevention, they also offer post-abuse counseling resources for victimized familes and children.
 


The third local organization I chose is an advocacy organization called Voices for Georgia's Children. Their mission is "to be a powerful, unifying voice for a public agenda that ensures the well being of all of Georgia’s children." They strive for all Georgia children to have access to the same opportunities. I would really like to be a part of this organization because I feel it would best suit my passion and skillset as an advocate.


I did not see any job opportunities listed in these particular sites but they certainly needed volunteers. I am not in a position where I can afford to solely volunteer but I wish I could. Just reading the mission statements of these few organization has me fired up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment