Saturday, June 23, 2012

Time Well Spent

Wow, I cannot believe I am sitting here writing my last blog post for this program. Time really flew by!

I would like to take this time to share with you three deeply felt learnings from this program. First and foremost I learned the importance of being a life-long-learner. Just because this program is over does not mean I am done learning. It is now my responsibility to stay on top of current information and research in the early childhood field. The second deeply felt thing I learned was to become a scholar-practitioner. This means that I need to take what I have learned in this program and practice it in real life. This will be especially critical for me since I want to jump straight into the early childhood field with no previous experience. The third thing I would like to share with you is the importance of advocacy of work and how critical it is to the well-being of children and families. This field NEEDS more advocates that are seeking the best interest of those that cannot speak for themselves.

My long term goal is actually to compete a doctoral program at Walden University; once I pay off my loans for this degree first! It is a personal and professional goal of mine to reach a doctorate level and I plan to begin looking into this within the next 5 years.

So, it is with great honor that I bid you all adieu. Dr. Myers, you have been a huge help and source of  encouragement through out this course and for that I would like to sincerely thank you. You have really made this a special and enlightening experience here at Walden. And to all of my fellow colleagues and classmates: I wish you the absolute best of luck with your new degree. May it bring you to the opportunitues you have been seeking and enrich your careers in a whole new way.

If anyone would like to stay in touch, please feel free to E-Mail me at BritniShea020905@comcast.net. I would love to keep in touch with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment