Saturday, May 21, 2011

Research that Benefits Children and Families

Ever since I can even remember my parents have been huge advocates at donating to research foundations; especially those pertaining to health and well-being. When my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer I was immediately reminded why it was important to continue my parents' tradition of making donations. I  began to donate to the American Cancer Society (ACS) and the Susan G. Komen foundation in hopes that one day they would find a cure (preferably before my grandmother passed away!) Although she did end up losing her life to cancer, I have confidence that one day there will be a cure for cancer and it will all be thanks to extensive research. So much research has already been done on the subject but sometimes a study must be conducted in order to rule out a possibility rather than prove it. Slowly but surely we are beginning to understand the causes of cancer and are able to take preventative measures to avoid certain types. With the help of research, I strongly believe that we will one day be able to hear the diagnosis of cancer and not immediately wonder how much longer we have to live. Cancer will no longer be a death sentence but a hurdle in life that makes us stronger. And it will all be thanks to generous donations and hard-working researchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment